Monday, January 21, 2013

Freezer Club

Some friends and I started a freezer cooking club because dinner time is crazy for all of us. We each plan for 2 recipes (multiplied by the # of attendees) and spend hours in the kitchen, creating a total disaster zone. We spent 5 hours on Saturday cooking and assembling meals while watching chick flicks and chatting. I probably won't need to cook again until March since we made enough food to feed a small army.

This new project has been good for all of us. Some are pregnant or have new (or 2!) babies, others work full time, and all of us are benefitted. My favorite part is only having a kitchen disaster once a month. I think Steve would prefer that I go back to my pre-child cooking; but seeing as that's not very realistic right now with 3 little ones, I think we've really got a good thing going. And my new freezer and wallet are thankful, too.

No comments: