William is 7! He is getting to be so big now! William can fold the laundry, read chapter books, build ANYTHING out of Legos, ride bikes for miles, do karate, and swim laps in the pool. A lot of his likes have stayed the same, and it's really interesting to see how his personality is shaping.
William is very helpful, and almost always does what I ask, although sometimes gets distracted and needs reminders. He loves to learn new things and is very interested in space, engineering, animals, cooking, and karate. William will still spend hours with Legos, though during quiet time, he will also spend hours reading books as well, and I love listening to him read books to his brothers and sisters.
Here's the yearly survey:
1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? Legos
3. What is your favorite fruit? Cantelope
4. What is your favorite TV show? Wildkratts, Lego City
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Chicken Nuggets
6. What is your favorite outfit? Blue Striped Sweater
7. What is your favorite game? Hero's Quest
8. What is your favorite snack? Poptarts (something we've only bought once, lol)
9. What is your favorite animal? Gecko
10. What is your favorite song? Throne Room (from Star Wars)
11. What is your favorite book? Harry Potter
12. Who is your best friend? Max, Charlie, Daniel. Sam, Sage, Abror
13. What is your favorite breakfast? Waffles
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Squirt Gun fights
15. What is your favorite drink? Root Beer
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Baby Puppy, Boo Hoo (an owl), Hammer Whale (Shamu)
18. What is your favorite thing at school? Recess
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Sushi. A yearly tradition
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? An Astronaut
We had a great time celebrating his birthday with all his friends. It was a fantastic Star Wars party, complete with Hutt dogs, Vaderade, and fruit lightsabers. We did game rotations with a Lego starship building station, a Sarlaac Pit throwing game, Storm Trooper lightsaber baloon games, and a Trench Run obstacle course. The party was a lot of work because Steven and I didn't plan so well and got tickets to Jim Gaffigan the night before,,,so all the prep was the morning of...which was a bit tricky. Next time I'll remember to keep that day free.
I also made William an awesome Sarlaac Pit cake (his request) which turned out beautifully. And it was delicious too, because it was my classic chocolate cake with salted carmel frosting. Yum!
On his actual birthday, we had birthday waffles for breakfast, and I made a surprise lunch with each item individually wrapped with wrapping paper. He was so surprised and thought it was an extra present. We did an after school activity at the library with the Gingerbread storytime...it was something he did not want to miss and Miss Lisa was sweet enough to schedule it for after school and coincidentally on his birthday! I even let William invite Max along with us.
Dinner on William's birthday has become a new tradition of sushi, which even I am starting to look forward to. We gave him a new big kid bike with gears and hand brakes, something William has been wanting forever. And a magic set, because he just loves magicians. We finished the day off by watching Elf. And until Steve became violently ill after the kids went to bed, it was a fantastic day in the Garff house!