Yesterday we took William on what will be his first of many hikes.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
One 6-month old, adorable*, blue-eyed baby boy for sale. Answers to the name of William.
Currently accepting all offers.
*Disclaimer: Refuses/cries during attempts to nurse to sleep/at bedtime, fusses during bedtime routine, wakes up after 30 minutes (sometimes going back to sleep quickly, sometimes not so much), wakes up to even small noises, refuses to nap for longer than 30 minutes anywhere other than home, cannot sleep without binky, completely disregards his prior nap schedule in favor of utter chaos, wakes up to eat and doesn’t go back to bed for hours and/or wants to start his day at 5-ish.
At least he’s cute. Hopefully, one day I’ll either find this funny, or at least a far-distant memory. I don’t even care if he sleeps through the night, as long as he would go back to sleep right after like he used to do and at least wake up consistently (oh, how I long for those old 6:45am days!). Until then, I miss my good sleeper (and my sleep).
Thursday, May 20, 2010
10. No traffic (unless you are going to LA or the OC at certain times of the day)---and a 50 mph speed limit on the main roads---which means you can actually go the speed limit.
9. Frisbee Golf!
8. 1-4 hours closer to Utah (pending traffic)
7. Beautifully landscaped, tree-lined streets.
6. Minutes from the mountains (not that we've used it yet, but one day...)
5. Ward aerobics 3X/week, and loads of other RS activities to keep us busy
4. Walking distance to Steve's work, Target, and PetSmart. Which, on the downside, means we go there often, but it also means we can meet Steve for lunch.
2. The fact that Steven has a job here (so I can stay home with our cutie pie)
1. Miles and miles (30+) of running trails, bike paths, parks, and par courses!
I NEVER thought I would ever say this, but even with all the great things about Rancho, I still miss LA. 1 hr away is sometimes just too far for the beach, the greatest food, and awesome friends.