I was watching Elf (a tradition we continue to this day) and having a baby.
My baby is not a baby anymore! This big 6-year-old has a big imagination and loves ninjas, Legos, animals, bugs, the human body, science, space, and marine biology.
He can read many sight words and is getting better at sounding out and spelling words as well. William LOVES school.
William is a pretty good helper and listener, though his room is kind of a war zone and he can't keep socks or pants on to save his life.
His best friends are Max and Charlie. Those 3 could play Legos for HOURS. So we gave him a big Lego mixed set to round out his collection. And when he found out that Ninjago combined Legos and ninjas, it made his birthday complete.
Here's the yearly survey:
1. What is your favorite color? Sea Foam Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? Legos
3. What is your favorite fruit? Banana
4. What is your favorite tv show? Wildkratts, Octonauts, Cat in the Hat
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Pizza
6. What is your favorite outfit? Ninja clothes and exercise clothes
7. What is your favorite game? Don't Eat Pete
8. What is your favorite snack? Cheesaroni (his recipe...melted cheese topped with pepperoni. We have yet to make it).
9. What is your favorite animal? Elf Owl
10. What is your favorite song? The Ninjago theme
11. What is your favorite book? Any book about ninjas
12. Who is your best friend? Max, Charlie, Daniel. And all my friends at school.
13. What is your favorite breakfast? Birthday Waffles
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Hunt for things at the cabin
15. What is your favorite drink? Root Beer
16. What is your favorite holiday? Saturday
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Baby Puppy
18. What is your favorite thing at school? Art.
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Sushi. For real. We are actually doing this.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Nature Police (forest ranger???)
We had a great day celebrating his birth. We started off with a race (kids' 1k, and a 5k for me). I placed 2nd, and gave my medal to him. He's a natural. Look at that form!
William got to have a big party with all his cousins and many of his friends. We had a total of 25 kids, most of them under 6.
We dressed up like ninjas.
Played ninja games.
Hit a pinata with a ninja staff.
Ate Ninja food.
And let William get buried in presents and friends.
He was literally SWARMED at present time.
William's favorite gifts were a Ninjago car/motorcycle from George and Addie, and a Ninjago playset from Grandma Garff.
And LOTS of Legos.
It was crazy, but William LOVED it.
but won't let us call him that anymore. William is a full name kind of guy. Happy Birthday Billy Buddy!!!