Let me just preface this post by saying that 2011 was
a little completely crazy. We had some of the best and also some of the worst experiences of our lives. 2 has been our number. This year alone we’ve had:
- 2 working parents
- 2 major tests (UT BAR and NASM)
- 2 unborn babies
- a 2 hour drive (sometimes less, sometimes more) to visit 2 different specialists (perinatalogist and hematologist) every 2 weeks (or more).
- 2 months of bed rest
- 2 trips to the ER (one for me, and one for a cut on Liam’s hand).
- 2 layoffs
- 2 trips to Utah
- 2 Christmas season stomach flus
I am hoping that 2012 will at least not be any worse, and will hopefully turn out to be quite a bit better, even if just as crazy.
Although I realize our situation is slightly complicated right now (and will likely continue to be so due to our new additions), I have decided to be ambitious and have come up with 12 resolutions for the year.
- Pay off our car
- Lose baby weight
- Potty train William
- Wean William from pacifier
- Read 12 books (almost completed #1)
- Be a better budgeter---I have a goal of replenishing our emergency fund.
- Monthly DIY projects (mostly baby/sewing projects, but I also want to try to make foaming hand soap, household cleaners, among other things).
- Finally finish William’s baby book---this one has been nearly done for 2 years. Just need to actually print out photos and transfer my notes about his first life into the book
- Get a race PR---probably shoot for a 5k or 10k---a half or full marathon may be too ambitious when nursing twins.
- Pay off all our debt…mostly just our insurance deductible, but still, it would feel good to be done
- Try 52 new recipes---I had a goal of 100 last year, and did about 70. Not bad considering I couldn’t cook/eat for 2-3 months. I’ve already done 2!
- Organize our life---monthly organizing projects. This is my current passion. I have always LOVED to organized, but I’d really like to get things organized in a fun, cute, or original way. And hopefully I can get Steve and William to at least sort of keep things that way.
In some ways, I have planned to be less ambitious than in years past, in case the twins prove to be more work than I have anticipated…but I have also wanted to challenge myself and grow as a person. I am excited to see how much I can actually accomplish and am going to try to report when I finish a goal so I feel more accountable. Wish me luck!
Since no post is complete without photos, I’ve included a few of our photo shoot outtakes. It was so hard to choose! We have put some up on the wall…and I love the finished look. We even put up a belly shot where a picture of the twins will one day go. Makes me want to get nice pictures every year.