Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Silly Billyness: Sleeping Silliness

Our Silly Billy has always been more than a little silly at bedtime.  Lately, he’s been debating about giving up naps (which I am in NO WAY ready for until the twins get easier) and we’ve resorted to bribes to get him to nap.  Like Mommy will nap in William’s room (there’s a twin bed, so win-win if the babies don’t need feeding) or swimming and/or the park.  It works most of the time.  One day, after I woke up from my nap in his room, I found him like this:

Sleepy Silly Billy

Gripping so tightly to the crib rails.  Did I mention he STILL hasn’t figured out how to climb out yet? It’s awesome because we have both babies in pack’n’plays and our other crib is way in the back of the storage unit.  So we’re trying to hold off until we get our own place before making the move to a big bed so we can have everything nice and childproofed in case he decides to wander.  Which seems likely. William is certainly big enough to get out (he lifts his leg over all the time, but has never quite made the move all the way over), but he hasn’t deemed it necessary.  LOVE IT.

William attempts to climb out of the crib.

Silly Billy also likes to have a little party before naps and bed…sometimes taking an hour or more to fall asleep. Complete monkey business. We’ve taken to filming it for our personal pleasure.  It’s fantastic. Silly Billy is always good for a laugh. Here are a few of our favorite clips from a recent nap.  #1 is my favorite, but really, it’s all pretty funny if you know our Silly Billy.

William Naptime take 1: Jellybeans and Disneyland
William’s naptime antics: Wake up and Puppy play
William Naptime: Potty Treats, Teapot, and Sheep Jeep
Williams crazy naps: Cleanup and Crib Climbing
William Naptime Highlights---Twinkle Twinkle and Dropping Daddy Puppy

Needless to say, this was a nap fail.

Notice the ever growing population of stuffed toys?  We found my old “Good Dog, Carl” in the garage recently, and it’s been a big hit.  All the other dogs and Disney toys are his collection (practically EVERY stuffed toy he owns is in that bed), and most of the others are left over from Uncle Kevin (whose old room William inherited). Along with probably close to 20 stuffed animals, Silly Billy also insists on 4 blankets to go to bed with: Bear Blanket, which was a gift from my old office; Moon Blanket, which goes with his bedding set; Puppy Blanket, which I found at Joann’s for $6 with “Little Puppy” probably 10 years ago; and Puppy Beach Blanket, which is handmade by Grandma Garff. Since the move and the babies, I don’t have the heart to limit his bedtime comfort; and since all he requests are a few toys and blankets, we’ll go with it for now.

Today took the cake. He must be able to reach the desk near his crib, because when I went into check on him after putting the twins down, he had a book in his bed (non-stuffed toys are NOT allowed). I told him if he took a nap, we could go swimming afterward.  The power was out so I couldn’t use our video monitor, so I went in probably an hour later when all seemed quiet. We found him like this:

Tissue Bed

Tissue Fight

Completely COVERED in tissues.  And Baby Puppy and Daddy Puppy were in the empty tissue box.  I asked him what happened, and William told me that he had to wipe his nose. 

p.s. I promise to post baby pics next time.

No comments: