Thursday, September 25, 2008

Progressive's Biggest Loser



Ashlee and Ruby (from the Work Environment Committee) decided it would boost morale to start a weight loss competition at work. Because I am the insanely dedicated runner, it was voted unanimousely that I would head up the campaign as the personal trainer.

We started on Monday with weigh-ins and entry fees. I'm not actually participating in the contest, but it's my job to check the weights and monitor progress. About half the office has gotten in on the fun, but if I have to take any more of my co-worker's weights to my grave, I won't be able to fit in any other secrets!

In my office, we get two 15-minute breaks per day. As part of "Biggest Loser", we are using one of those breaks for short workout session. This week, we have worked abs, legs, arms, and buns; we'll do a nice yoga session tomorrow to round out the week. So far it has worked pretty well. The workouts are convincing people to eat better, feel better, and look better. Even though it has only been a few days, much of WLA PCS has seen small improvements.

This competition has been good for me to balance my workout and have a more well-rounded routine. Along with my marathon diet (no dessert, soda, and limited sugar), I have seen an improvement is well. Hopefully it will mean good things for the St. George Marathon next week (yes, it's next week!).


Web treat of the week: I was on the Biggest Loser website, and found the Virtual Belly Flattener. It shows what I would look like 10 lbs lighter!
Before:


After:

1 comment:

Christopher Crall said...

Please tell me you watched "The Office" the night you posted this!