Monday, August 22, 2016

1st Grade

William started his first day of first grade today. 

It was bittersweet. He's getting so big! I missed him while he was gone and getting homework done AND finding time to play and do extracurricular activities is going to be tricky.

But, other than short days, Willywill be at school from 8:30-3. My other kids all nap from 1-4. That's 2 hours of blissful quiet time for me to be productive and recharge for the rest of the day. And William is genuinely excited to learn new things and eat lunch at school.

The worst part, is that he no longer has Mrs. Jorgensen for a teacher. No one else will ever compare, I'm afraid.


But the best part is his bff Max is in his class! 

We've had a blast this summer and I'm sad to see it come to an end...we've learned a lot, gone many places, and had a great time keeping busy. Getting back into the daily grind won't be too difficult since we've kept a solid schedule, but there's something special about summer that I will miss. But I'm glad for the opportunity for growth and knowledge with my little ones this year! It's the last year before I'm only home with Jane so we'll have to make the most of it!

No comments: