Monday, April 21, 2008

More about the insanity

Just so you know; April seems to be recovering from her race. She even made it to church yesterday (now that’s a testimony!). Fortunately, we were off for nursery so she didn’t have to chase a dozen or so little scrappers around the room for two hours.
I won't add much to her post but just in case you somehow still think that running 50 miles is not that bad, I’m posting some pictures of the terrain she ran across, or more accurately up and down. These are some serious mountains-and I’m from Utah!




That little blue and white dot in the bottom picture is April.
One of the most salient features of the race was that all of the runners I encountered there were insane. I don’t mean that I thought they were insane just because they were running fifty miles. I mean they were insane because they all did this kind of thing all the time.
The race was out of a little town called Lake Elizabeth, in the mountains between Palmdale and Santa Clarita, a couple of hours north of LA. It’s kind of a biker hang-out. In fact I hadn’t seen so many motorcycles since the last time the Hell’s Angels held a rally in West Yellowstone. Here's a picture I snapped of the biker bar on the main drag.

I’m very proud of April for finishing even though I think she’s nuts. It took a lot of will power to finish and I have no doubt that she can accomplish anything now.

Youtube of The Week
I’m adding a new feature now that Catherine taught me how to put Youtube videos in my posts. It’s called Youtube of the week. This week's edition is meant to compliment April's top ten list from her post. I thought this was pretty funny

No comments: