Monday, March 5, 2012

A Better Way to Spend the Weekend

I’ve been so sick of being at the hospital, I was THRILLED to not end up there this weekend as well. As a reward for my good behavior (i.e. not going into labor or some other emergency), I let myself cheat and went to my nephew Spencer’s birthday party Friday night.  It was fun to see the family.  Liam adored spending time with his cousins…in fact, he cried when we left, shouting “more Abby, more Abby”.  Luckily he woke up saying “Abby” (Spencer’s big sister) interspersed with shouts of “Disneyland!” That’s my boy!

I had permission from the doctor to go to my nephew Kit’s baptism on Saturday, and I was so glad to get out of the house again and see some family members I hadn’t seen in a few months.  My nephew Kit gave me a hug and noticed I was pregnant.  When I told him there were 2 babies in my belly, his eyes got so wide, like it was the craziest thing he’d ever heard.

Liam has been really into singing “I am a Child of God” and luckily, we sang it there.  He has been so taken with the song, that he has been sitting at the piano, playing and singing.  Steve had to be a bit sneaky since Liam gets so excited when we pull out the video camera, but was able to get a quick video Saturday evening of his encore performance.

William’s Amazing Rendition of “I am a Child of God”

I also got permission to go to a baby shower for the twins after the baptism, put on by The Man Basket Society. It was just my closest friends and family, and everyone put in so much time and effort to make it seriously the best. shower. ever. Liam LOVED playing with the presents.  I hope it won’t be too hard for him to give up his new “toys” to his little brother and sister.

William and the bottle

In lieu of party games, the girls made homemade laundry soap, baby wipes and onesies…we’re totally set on the basics!

Making onesiesMary Jane's Flower OnesieSome of us (Catherine) had way too much fun with the onesies. Hers turned out to be my favorite.I LOVE Catherine

Katie, her sister Emma, and her mom made me the cutest coordinating car seat covers.  I’d been wanting these forever, and I love them in all their Disney glory.  The yellow buttons were an especially nice touch.car seat covers, disney style

I was really disappointed to miss Kristi’s shower last week, even though being in the hospital was a very reasonable excuse.  The date had been picked to allow me to come and participate (I was in charge of games, thanks to Katie for picking up the slack!) Luckily, Kristi was nice enough to hold off on labor (she’s 39 weeks) so we could get some awesome belly shots.

2 Pregnant Chicks

My belly is ever-changing in size, though I still don’t feel too massive (yet). Pictures I have seen of other twin moms at 33 weeks always seem so much bigger, and full of stretch marks.  At this point in time, I feel reasonably sized and stretch-mark free, and I am hoping it stays that way. Last Saturday, The Belly was 40 inches, this Saturday morning it was 42 inches.  I felt so huge Saturday night that I measured again.  44 inches! What a change within a week.  Now I’m back to 42 inches, but depending on the babies stretching and positions, I am always changing.

Speaking of bellies, have you ever hugged a pregnant woman when you were pregnant?  It’s such a weird feeling.

Preggo hugs

I wasn’t the only one who had an awesome, hospital-free weekend. Steve took the opportunity (since I would be surrounded by help) to go skiing with his dad for what may be the last time, in a long time.

As of now (33.2 weeks), no babies have made their appearance.  I’m hoping for between April 1-10 for a birthdate.  We’ll see how that goes.  So far, so good.

No comments: